Medical Facial Treatments Philadelphia
Let us return your skin to its fresh, vibrant look. When you meet with one of our aestheticians, we will help you choose the right treatment for your skin. Facials, microdermabrasion, dermaplaning and chemical peels: we’ve got what you need!
Microdermabrasion is a safe, non-invasive exfoliation method that utilizes natural diamond chips to remove and vacuum dead skin cells from the skin revealing fresh, healthy skin. At Chapin Aesthetics we utilize the latest technology in microdermabrasion, DiamondTome™ skin resurfacing. This crystal free treatment provides an unparallel approach to microdermabrasion that yields superior results. This resurfacing method reduces signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and uneven texture. A smoother and more vibrant skin is uncovered when the outer layer of the skin is gently polished away. This procedure promotes new cell growth and vascular circulation under the skin resulting in healthier and firmer skin. Microdermabrasion can be performed on the face, neck, chest, arms, back and hands. Softer, smoother skin will be visible after one treatment and results will continue to advance after additional treatments. There is not any irritation, redness or downtime associated with microdermabrasion and normal activities can be returned to immediately after treatment.
Dermaplaning is a safe, non-abrasive treatment that utilizes a scalpel to exfoliate the epidermis of dead skin cells and of fine vellus hair known as “peach fuzz.” The skin is held taut as light strokes are made across the skin at a forty-five degree angle with a scalpel revealing brighter and smoother skin. Dermaplaning allows products to penetrate deeper into the skin when the epidermal skin and facial hair is removed. Oil and dirt often gets trapped in the facial hair causing buildup that leads to dull looking skin. Many patients have concerns that dermaplaning may cause the hair to grow back thicker and dark but this is not the case. The hair will grow back with the same texture and color as it did previous to the treatment.
It is common for dermaplaning to be recommended prior to medical procedures such as chemical peels and laser treatments. This procedure can be performed as a standalone treatment or in conjunction with other treatments to enhance results. Dermaplaning is extremely effective for treating rough, dry skin, mild acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles. The results is a more refined, smooth and radiant appearance. Dermaplaning does not have any downtime or adverse effects making it a perfect option for many patients.
Plump up dry, dehydrated skin instantly with our collagen mask! As we age and environmental factors take its toll collagen decreases in our skin causing visible signs of aging such as fines lines, wrinkles, dehydration and uneven texture. Quench your skin’s thirst with intense, high concentrates of collagen that provides a protective layer to retain the skin’s natural moisture. This is the perfect add on treatment following a dermaplane, microderm or microplane to give skin a replenished appearance.
Chapin Aesthetics has an array of peels to choose from, depending on your skin type. Regular chemical peels renew and refresh the skin to help to minimize breakouts. This is a form of superficial exfoliation; you will notice your skin looking brighter after just one treatment. Most clients notice that their makeup goes on smoother afterward. (Note that peels, exfoliation methods, and IPL™ may be done on the face or on other parts of the body. Please see your skin care specialist for pro-rated areas.)
- Glycolic, Salicylic, Lactic Acid Peels: a rejuvenation exfoliation treatment of varying strengths for varying skin types to beautify skin.
- Jessner’s Peel: a combination peel containing resorcinol, lactic, and salicyclic acid.
- Obagi Blue Peel: a customized medium-depth peel of a TCA solution mixed with Obagi’s blue glycerin base that gently exfoliate the skin, enhancing its elasticity and texture. Patients typically notice decreased fine lines and pigmentation within two to four weeks following treatment.
Skinmedica offers three levels of medical grade chemical peels to effectively address individual skin needs and concerns. These peels deliver remarkable results and can help you achieve clearer, brighter and more youthful looking skin.
- Illuminize Peel®: Give your skin an instant glow with this superficial, zero down time light chemical peel. This is the perfect choice to achieve a radiant look prior to an event or to simply brighten appearance of your skin. This non-invasive peel utilizes alpha-hydroxy acids (mandelic and malic acid) in conjunction with phytic acid, salicylic acid and resorcinol to maximize skin rejuvenating effects without irritation.
- Vitalize Peel®: This medium strength peel targets sign of aging, melasma, sun damaged and acne prone skin. The proprietary blend of ingredients achieves improvement in texture, tone, pigmentation, acne, melasma and collagen production. For optimal correction the Vitalize Peel® should be performed monthly until the desired result is achieved. Skin will begin to shed two days after the peel is applied and will peel for approximately three days.
- Rejuvenize Peel™ The Rejuvenize Peel™ is the strongest of the three peels and offers substantial improvements in fine lines, texture, tone, pigmentation and acne. The ingredients in this peel solution include salicylic acid, lactic acid, resorcinol, panthenol, and isoceteth-20s. Significant visible improvements are produced when combined with a Retinol Solution. This peel is ideal for those patients who have established tolerability to the Vitalize Peel and are accustom to medical grade peels. Mild redness and irritation is common with the Rejuvenize peel but will usually resolve within 7 days. Peeling will begin 2 days post treatment and will last for approximately five days.
Vi Peel®: This is a fairly more aggressive chemical peel utilizing phenol, TCA, retinoic acid, vitamin c and salicylic acid to improve texture, tone, soften fine lines, clear acne and acne scarring. These pharmaceutical-grade chemical peels target fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation and other signs of aging, as well as acne, acne scars, sun damage and melasma. The unique, synergistic blend of rejuvenating acids are not only are designed to reverse the signs of aging but also reduces the pain, discomfort and downtime commonly associated with chemical peels. Visible improvements in both tone and texture of skin can be seen in approximately one week post treatment. Our VI Peel portfolio offers customized solutions to address specific skin problems.
- VI Peel® Age-Defying: This anti-aging chemical peel improves skin tone, texture, clarity, hyperpigmentation, sun spots, fine lines and wrinkles. Dramatic results are achieved in as little as one week with minimal downtime. The VI Peel® is safe for all skin tones and delicate areas such as around the eyes, neck and chest making it an amazing selection for anyone looking to radically improve their overall skin complexion.
- VI Peel® Precision Plus for Hyperpigmentation: The VI Peel® Precision Plus is an intensified version of the VI Peel® that provides an ideal choice for those who suffer from stubborn hyperpigmentation and melasma. The key ingredients reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles, hyperpigmentation and effectively manage melasma. This peel is packed with customized ingredients that tackle pigmentation issues without discomfort.
- VI Peel® Purify Precision Plus for Acne: The VI Peel® Purify Precision Plus concentrates on all acne related issues including blemishes and acne scars. This peel solution removes bacteria, clears the pores, increases cell turnover, brightens the skin and reduces acne scars. For optimal results a series may be recommended depending on individual needs. This is the ultimate peel to fight the damaging effects of acne with minimum discomfort and downtime.
Our experienced aestheticians are proud to serve patients from Philadelphia, Doylestown, Bucks County, and Montgomery County. Contact us today to schedule a treatment.
To learn more about other skin care products and services offered by Chapin Aesthetics, choose a category below:
- Therapeutic Skin Care
- BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Restylane® Injections
- Fat Injections
- Skin Care Products
- Laser Treatments
Dr. Scott Chapin is a highly regarded Philadelphia cosmetic surgeon who offers a range of non-surgical enhancement procedures, including chemical peels and microdermabrasion.